Friday, April 8, 2011

Breakfast Smoothie

Today's breakfast ... Kale, frozen blueberries (or banana) and filtered water.  Add some agave if you need more sweet.   Blend, blend, blend.

Kale is a pretty stiff leaf and I find it blends better if I chop it up really well before I put it in the blender.  It's worth it because raw kale is hands-down one of the best things for your body.   Bananas have a strong flavor and they hide the kale tast well.  They are also very sweet and don't need any sweetener.

Mid-morning snack will be a big glass of fresh carrot and green apple juice.  Green apples are another strong flavor, and I never feel like I'm drinking carrot juice.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I too am loving my breakfast smoothie. Today I had one made with strawberries, apple, cucumber, collard greens, spinach, celery, coconut water, stevia, and Monavie. I need to try the the kale.

formatie nunta said...

I like to put in my blender some milk beside the fruits. Try to do that, it tastes delicious.

oyster said...

Kale and banana has become my new fave. Delicious, and gives me energy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...