Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What Works For Me Wednesday: Filling Out Kid Forms

My tip this week for What Works For Me Wednesday, is a more efficient way to fill out forms for our kids. You know what I'm talking about . . . all of the forms you get the first day of school, when they go on a field trip, join Scouts, play a sport, etc. Well, I used to gather all the information I needed *every* time I filled out a form. Or I would start filling out the form, then realize I need the shot records, get up, find the shot record in the filing room, start filling out forms again. Then I need the doctor's address, get up, get the phone book, continue filling out forms. One day I decided to type up a sheet that has all the information I will ever need to complete a form. It has insurance information, last tetanus shot, emergency contacts I use and their phone and address, and anything else I have ever been asked for on a form. I keep it in my calendar/phonebook binder. If I am going somewhere and know I am going to be asked to complete a form at that location, I just grab my binder.

Now you guys may have figured this out years ago, and I'm the last person to finally get it. But if you're with me and still hunting for that info every time, I hope this helps.

I have a blank version of my form saved in MS Word, and if you would like me to e-mail it to you, just post a comment asking for the form, and I will be happy to send it on!

That is my contribution to What Works for Me Wednesday. For more WWFM tips, go visit Rocks In My Dryer.

4 comments:

Jenna Z said...

This is what I do for all my dog's info too! Because you always need the same info, full name complete with all titles earned, rabies/shot info, jump height, registration numbers for all the different venues. So I typed it up in card form and keep it in my wallet.

Nikki said...

So smart! I hate filling out kid forms and hunting down all the info. I'm going to compile all my stuff into one file as well!

Anonymous said...

That is such a good idea. How efficient are you! NO, I haven't figured this idea out yet. My kids are 19, 16 and 7. Guess it isn't too late for the seven year old. I'm a slow learner. :-)

Thanks, I sure get sick of filling out forms and looking for that last tetanus shot date. You are brilliant!

Melissa

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

I would LOVE to have a copy of that form! I am always forgetting something when it's time to fill out things!

Thanks for sharing these great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...