Friday, August 24, 2007

Inspiration Friday - Wrapping Gifts

For Inspiration Friday, I will do a little post on wrapping gifts. I recently gave a birthday gift to my neighbor, and I loved how the wrapping turned out so I thought I would show you. I got this cute robin's egg blue bag a while back while shopping at The Cottage Gals, and I had to save it because I knew it would make great gift wrapping some day. Then, last week I was in Joann Fabrics, and they had a display with an entire alphabet of silver glitter letters! I had to control myself and realized that if I bought enough to spell my name, I would be spending too much money (They cost $1 each). So I bought one for my friend's gift (her name happens to be Heather), and I bought "F" "U" "N" for my scrap room. Instead of just stuffing the gift with tissue paper, I jammed my tissue paper through my paper shredder and it was a nice little improvement.

Which leads me to this picture. I downloaded this from someone's blog for future wrapping inspiration, and now I can't remember where I got it. I will diligently look through my blog roll to find the source, so I can give credit where credit is due. ***update: the photo is from Kathy's Cottage. Anyway, instead of using tissue paper, she used cellophane wrap inside the gift instead of outside. I think it really looks great.

I love the blue bag so much, I am thinking about buying a box or a case from an on-line paper seller. I'm not really into going to Target and spending $10 to wrap one gift. I think the prices of greeting cards, wrapping paper and ribbon are a complete rip-off these days. So I am always looking for different ways to wrap things up. Rhoda at Southern Hospitality recently did a post on a great gift wrapping book. I like to keep butcher paper and a blue and a purple/pink paper as a basic wrapping paper and decorate with nice ribbon and something special. This is how I store the paper.

8 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

Hey, nice job wrapping that gift LOL! Glad you liked the photo, it was a desperation thing as we didn't have any tissue. I agree, wrapping paper and all the stuff that goes with it can be outrageous! But there is always a way to do great things on the cheap and I always figure that the beauty of the gift is part of the gift itself. Love that glitter lietter, must go to Joanns.....

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

I love that you keep pretty bags and re-use them....I do, too. Just one small way to reduce waste in our world, and share something beautiful with another person. You did a lovely job!

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely presentation! Love the glitter letter. I've gotta go and get a few of those.

Manuela

savvycityfarmer said...

ooooooh, live the big glitter H...did you buy that somewhere where they sell all of the alaphabet?

Linda said...

I am so excited you will be sharing gift wrapping ideas I can always use that. I really like this and am looking forward to other posts.
Blessings

Jenna Z said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!! Love yours too, adorable corgis! And I am going to have to make a beeline to Joann's to get a glittery Z for my Z collection!!

Design.by.Kina said...

Oh my gosh, nice job! The presentation really does make a difference:-)

Yeah, the cookbook is pretty much done, just haven't found the time to finish including the bios... but soon!!!!

Amber said...

One of my favorite (and very unexpected!) spots to pick up wrapping paper, bags, ribbon, and other wrapping embellishments is the dollar store! They often have a pretty extensive selection and I can stock up on basics for cheap! I can always add other fancy embellishments (like your super fun sparkly H) to dress it up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...